Learn With Us This Summer!
Hooray! New dates have just been posted for our calligraphy workshops. Our summer Introduction to Contemporary Pointed Pen Calligraphy classes will be held in three fabulous Washington, D.C. locations: The Loft at 600 F near the Verizon Center and at The Lemon Bowl, pictured above, a maker space in the Park View neighborhood of the city, as well as in the crazy cool Garage Room of the chic Embassy Row Hotel in Dupont Circle. We will also be returning to Falls Church, Virginia to teach at Stylish Patina's Rough Luxe Warehouse, to Middleburg, Virginia to teach at the Middleburg Events Studio, to Charlottesville, Virginia to teach at rock paper scissors.
Now that we are well into our fifth year of teaching these classes, we continue to feel so thankful for the chance to share our love for calligraphy with our students and encouraged by the feedback we receive from them. A few of the kind notes we've received lately:
- "I cannot thank you enough for such a wonderful class! You not only have the gift of phenomenal calligraphy; you are excellent at TEACHING it! I've been practicing nonstop since Saturday (and already ordered more supplies!)." - RL
- "I am having so much fun practicing my writing, thanks so much for the quality teaching." - SO
- "Thanks again for a really fun class. I very much appreciated all of the hands on tips that you gave during the session." - CG
- "I wanted to compliment you on your teaching. It was so inspiring to watch you and your hand, and you definitely have the personality and the patience to be doing this. ... I had such a great time and I cannot wait to practice." - NI
- "I SO enjoyed your class! It was so much fun!" - HD
There is nothing better seeing our students leave our workshops feeling excited to practice and grow as calligraphers!
If you've taken our Intro workshop previously: we've also posted new dates for our formal follow-up workshop, Continuing with Contemporary Pointed Pen Calligraphy, as well as for our more free-wheeling Calligraphy Study Tables.
We hope that you will be able to join us for a workshop (or two!). As always, we'll be keeping the class size super small to allow for plenty of individual attention and instruction, so if you are interested in taking part this summer (or in gifting a class to someone else - a spot in our workshops is the perfect birthday, anniversary or graduation gift!), please don't wait too long to secure your spot. You can find more details and register here.