Back To School!
Hooray! New dates have just been posted for our popular calligraphy workshops. Our fall Introduction to Contemporary Pointed Pen Calligraphy classes will again be held in three fabulous Washington, D.C. locations: The Loft at 600 F near the Verizon Center and at The Lemon Bowl, a totally inspiring maker space in the Park View neighborhood of the city, as well as in the bright and airy Garage Room of the chic Embassy Row Hotel in Dupont Circle. We will also be returning to Falls Church, Virginia to teach at Stylish Patina’s Rough Luxe Warehouse and to Middleburg, Virginia to teach at the Middleburg Events Studio. Plus, for the first time ever, we’ll be teaching in Alexandria, Virginia, at the gorgeously renovated Morrison House. We can’t wait!
This fall, we’ll begin our sixth year of teaching these classes and we continue to feel so thankful for the chance to share our love for calligraphy with our students and encouraged by the feedback we receive from them. A few of the kind notes we’ve received lately:
- “You are a fantastic teacher. The time just flew by and it was totally engaging and energizing. I’ve practiced a bit and definitely want to continue to do more!” – LH
- “Thank you again! I learned so much and have been practicing non stop!!” – EG
- “I wanted to share a photo of my practice sheets and say thanks again for being such a great teacher. I am really enjoying even just practicing. Something about just repeating letters is oddly soothing and it’s great to have it as a hobby.” – SL
- “I so enjoyed your class and the size was perfect. You are great instructor and kept the class on track. Can’t thank you enough.” – SV
- “Thank you so much for being such a wonderful (and encouraging) instructor! It’s clear by the thought that you put in to each aspect of the class that you are truly committed to your students both success and enjoyment of calligraphy! I thoroughly enjoyed it!” – EW
There is nothing better seeing our students leave our workshops feeling excited to practice and grow as calligraphers!
If you’ve taken our Intro workshop previously: we’ve also posted new dates for our formal follow-up workshop, Continuing with Contemporary Pointed Pen Calligraphy, as well as for our more free-wheeling Calligraphy Study Tables.
We hope that you will be able to join us for a workshop (or two!). As always, we’ll be keeping the class size super small to allow for plenty of individual attention and instruction, so if you are interested in taking part this summer (or in gifting a class to someone else – a spot in our workshops is the perfect birthday, anniversary or graduation gift!), please don’t wait too long to secure your spot. You can find more details and register here.