Learn With Us This Spring!
Hooray! New dates have just been posted for our calligraphy workshops. Our spring Introduction to Contemporary Pointed Pen Calligraphy classes will be held in two fabulous Washington, D.C. locations: The Loft at 600 F near the Verizon Center and at The Lemon Bowl, a maker space in the Park View neighborhood of the city. We will also be returning to Falls Church, Virginia to teach again at Stylish Patina’s Rough Luxe Warehouse, to Middleburg, Virginia to teach at the Middleburg Events Studio, to Charlottesville, Virginia to teach at rock paper scissors and also to just outside of Baltimore, Maryland to teach at Becket Hitch (and also to celebrate the store’s second anniversary!).
Now that we are well into our fifth year of teaching these classes, we continue to feel so thankful for the chance to share our love for calligraphy with our students and are encouraged by the feedback we receive from them. A very small sampling of notes we’ve received lately:
- “Seven times seven “thank you!”s for investing your time and expertise in us. I’m sure you’ve heard this sentiment before, but your enthusiasm is infectious; your method and presence cultivates in each of your students a real love and passion for your craft.” – LF
- “It was such a joy being part of your class yesterday! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I am excited to start practicing and use the technique you have taught me for my wedding invites.” – KC
- “ just wanted to say thank you for teaching the class yesterday! Not only was it very informational but very enjoyable! I hope to take the follow-up class and will definitely be recommending to others.” – LL
- “Thank you so much for such a wonderful class! I enjoyed your enthusiasm and also your love and passion for calligraphy. I had a wonderful time!” – BK
- “I really loved learning this new style – so different from what I had done previously. And not only the calligraphy, but the fun way it was all presented and how you made each of us feel like we were your only student that day.” – PP
There is nothing better seeing our students leave our workshops feeling excited to practice and grow as calligraphers!
If you’ve taken our Intro workshop previously: we’ve also posted new dates for our formal follow-up workshop, Continuing with Contemporary Pointed Pen Calligraphy. Hope to see you again at one of those!!
We hope that you will be able to join us for a workshop (or two!). As always, we’ll be keeping the class size super small to allow for plenty of individual attention and instruction, so if you are interested in taking part this spring (or in gifting a class to someone else – a spot in our workshops is the perfect birthday, anniversary or Mother’s Day gift!), please don’t wait too long to secure your spot. You can find more details and register here.