Learn With Us This Summer!
New dates have just been posted for our fall calligraphy workshops! Our Introduction to Contemporary Pointed Pen Calligraphy classes will be held again in Washington, D.C. at The Loft at 600 F as well as in Middleburg, Virginia at Middleburg Events Studio, in Charlottesville, Virginia at rock paper scissors and also just outside of Baltimore, Maryland at Becket Hitch!
Over the past few years, in addition to many fabulous locals, we’ve had students travel from as far away as Alaska and even Australia to take part in our workshops (in fact, Katie, in the photo above, flew down from Boston this summer for the class. We were honored!). November’s workshops will mark the beginning of our fifth year of teaching these classes and we remain humbled and thrilled by the feedback we receive from our students. A very small sampling:
- “Thank you Michele! The class was interesting, educational and a lot of fun. You are great at teaching and sharing what you do. I look forward to signing up for continuing classes.” – MC
- “Thank you for a great class yesterday! My sister and I had a great time and are excited to keep practicing.” – NG
- “The workshop was incredible! All I want to do is calligraph everything!” – ST
- “ wanted to thank you for a WONDERFUL workshop. I truly learned so much from you.” – CS
- “Thank you so much for organizing and leading a great workshop – the 3.5 hours flew by! Learning the techniques and practicing under your guidance was so helpful and definitely provided the kick in the butt I needed to keep practicing. I’m sure I’ll be asking you questions in the future!” – JS
From our perspective, there is nothing better seeing our students leave our workshops feeling excited and encouraged to practice and grow as calligraphers!
And as you may know, our workshop offerings extend beyond just our Intro workshops. Past students can can also find new dates in both September and December for our formal follow-up workshop, Continuing with Contemporary Pointed Pen Calligraphy, which takes place at our home/studio, located just outside of the Del Ray area of Alexandria, Virginia. Those who have previously participated in one of our Intro workshops are also invited to take part in our signature, weeknight Calligraphy Study Table sessions; September’s session is sold out, but in October we’ll focus on tricky connections between letters.
We hope that you will be able to join us for a workshop (or two!). As always, we’ll be keeping the class size super small to allow for plenty of individual attention and instruction, so if you are interested in taking part this fall (or in gifting a class to someone else – a spot in our workshops is the perfect birthday, anniversary or holiday gift!), please don’t wait too long to secure your spot. You can find more details and register here.